Sunday, May 3, 2009

Menu Monday - what am I cooking up this week?




So after being relatively away for a week or so (my Internet was shaped - and oh boy! was it slow) I'm back with a fresh set of eyes and plenty of ideas of things to make.

Savoury:
No doubt the tremendous Beef Olives (pictured, above) will make an appearance this week. Stayed tuned for this yummy bit of 70's Kitch
Chorizo and mushroom pasta: I'm always on the lookout for something to do with Chorizo - I love the spiciness!
Lancashire hotpot -Food Critic Andrew is most interested to try this, as I am to try cooking one. I think I may try the Mrs Beeton version to kick start that segment
Honey mustard pork chops (this is what I tried this evening)
Kangaroo Steaks with mash and roasted tomatoes (unless of course I can get my hands on some riberries quickly?)

Sweet things:
Looks like there will definitely be a caramelised apple rice pudding in the near future; definitely check out the link - it looks divine!
Apple and custard muffins - these sound utterly fabulous
I am thinking I am going to have to try

Saturday breakfast:
French toast with caramelised nashi

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment