So now that I'm feeling progressively better, I'm back into the baking with a vengeance. I currently have some Cinnamon and raisin bread in the oven, and last night I made up some dark chocolate mud cupcakes for a bit of dessert loveliness. They were indeed delightful! These get 2 thumbs up from Food Critic Andrew! This is adapted from "500 cupcakes" by Fergal Connolly.
300g dark chocolate chips
300g unsalted butter
115g caster sugar
115g SR flour strawberries, as well as whipped cream or ice cream for serving
- melt chocolate and butter together in the microwave, stirring to ensure that it is smooth. Leave to cool
- Beat eggs and sugar together until mixture is pale and thick
- Fold the flour into the egg and sugar mixture
- Stir in chocolate/butter mixture
- Spoon into cupcake pan, and bake for about 20 minutes in a preheated, 160 degree Celsius oven
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, then remove, and serve topped with your choice of whipped cream, ice cream and strawberries. Let's be honest though - you could ice them, service just topped with some icing sugar sprinkled over, or however you please!
If they aren't all eaten, they should last up to 3 days in a covered container in the refrigerator.