Photo: Andrew Gale
Now, I've made many, many scones, but none as delicate and as featherlight as these.
When I choose a scone recpe, it needs to have half a dozen ingredients or less. These are wonderul - and are just enough for a small group. Makes about 8 scones, depending on how big you like them!
1 and a 1/2 cups SR flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup thickened cream
1/2 cup lemonade
- Sift flour into a bowl
- Add other ingredients
- turn lightly onto a floured bench
- roll out with your fingers until dough is about 2 cm high on a floured bench
- Cut out rounds with a cookie cutter, and place on a greased tray.
- Cook in a pre-heaated 220 degree celsius oven for 10-12 minutes
- Serve with jam, and whipped cream