Sometimes, you yearn for chocolate. And so dear reader, tonight I thought I would entrance you with some simple chocolate fudgy brownies. I resisted the temptation to add all sorts of things to try and make it "better". I nearly added half a cup of milk chocolate chips, but thought better of it just as I was about to pour them into the saucepan.
I like this recipe for the sheer simplicity of it. It took less than 10 minutes to prepare; and takes about 25 minutes to bake in a moderate oven.
Chocolate fudge brownies
185g dark chocolate
100g brown sugar
1 tsp instant coffee granules
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup sifted plain flour
1 cup nuts or choc chips (I used sliced almonds, but walnuts are more traditional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
2. Melt chocolate and butter over low heat
3. Add sugar and instant coffee and stir to dissolve
4. remove from heat, cool slightly, and beat in eggs
5. Beat in nuts and sifted flour.
6. Pour into a greased or lined brownie pan
7. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, allow to cool and then serve.