Thursday, September 17, 2009
Ow ow ow ow!
at 7:43 PM
My feet hurt and hurt and hurt and hurt. Had an important meeting today so I made sure that I wore my suit (though, belatedly realised the pants are too big and need taking in) and some pretty looking heels. And of course, now I have blisters all over my feet! Ow. But some pastry with cream and strawberries made it all better! I always seem to have leftover pastry. And I just hate waste. so I cooked up these little beauties. They look postively gorgeous, and I enjoyed one very much. I got the idea from some canapes I did a little while ago (though they were savoury, and involved camembert and Branston pickle..more about those another time.
Anyway - if you have some leftover puff pastry and don't know what to do, try this:
Leftover Puff pastry
1. Cut the pastry with the cookie cutter into small circles.
2. Bake at 220 degrees until browned and puffed.
4. After cooling, grab a knife and cut carefully along the middle.
5. Add a dollop of cream
6. Add half a washed, hulled strawberry.
7. Yum! Eat up; serve immediately.
Labels: Leftover lovin'