Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ow ow ow ow!




My feet hurt and hurt and hurt and hurt. Had an important meeting today so I made sure that I wore my suit (though, belatedly realised the pants are too big and need taking in) and some pretty looking heels. And of course, now I have blisters all over my feet! Ow. But some pastry with cream and strawberries made it all better! I always seem to have leftover pastry. And I just hate waste. so I cooked up these little beauties. They look postively gorgeous, and I enjoyed one very much. I got the idea from some canapes I did a little while ago (though they were savoury, and involved camembert and Branston pickle..more about those another time.

Anyway - if you have some leftover puff pastry and don't know what to do, try this:

Whipped cream
Strawberries
Leftover Puff pastry
cookie cutter


1. Cut the pastry with the cookie cutter into small circles.
2. Bake at 220 degrees until browned and puffed.
3. Cool
4. After cooling, grab a knife and cut carefully along the middle.
5. Add a dollop of cream
6. Add half a washed, hulled strawberry.
7. Yum! Eat up; serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. They look adorable and great idea to use store bought puff to make it easier :) I love strawberries and cream together!

    ReplyDelete