Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Little vanilla cupcakes...
at 9:28 PM
Because sometimes, you just need something plain and simple. This recipe is from 500 Cupcakes, by Fergal Connolly. I made a half batch (which I've transcribed below). My darling sister has finally sent me her recipe for the lemon yoghurt ring, so I am excited to be baking that. Not baking too much this weekend though! Food Critic Andrew and I are going to the South Coast for the long weekend. I will miss my oven!
112gm room temperature butter
112gm caster sugar
112gm SR flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees
2. Beat all ingredients until smooth and pale (5-6 minutes)
3. Spoon mixture into pattie cases (about 9)
4. Bake for 20 mins
5. Remove from oven and cool for 5 mins.
6. Remove from tin and cool on a rack.
7. Top however you like - I am preferential to whipped cream and strawberries....