Friday, April 10, 2009

The buns aren't quite in the oven.....





I've just shaped them and set them to rise again...



Andrew thinks they're quite cute being all lumpy and all I countered that I was concerned with quality, not aesthetics (quick thinking!). Actually, I was worried about over kneading them.

The candied peel is so strong smelling though - not sure if I ever want to work with that stuff again! I had just enough (thanks Helen!).

Oh - and as you can see, I obviously ended up using the full recipe. I think they will turn into a bread and butter pudding in a few days, when they become stale. Another excuse for some cooking, methinks!

Update:

They turned out OK, but were a bit more like scones (the british type) than I'd like to admit. I've made a bread and butter pudding out of it...yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment